Serve water with us
We're building a social space and network for creative and passionate people to serve water, make art, and place science in community. See below for opportunities to get involved.
Internship Position: Water Bar Volunteer Coordinator
We're looking for a creative and passionate person to help us open Water Bar to the public four days a week. You'll work with our existing volunteer network of artists, scientists, environmental advocates, and neighbors to staff the bar and introduce new questions and creative actions to visitors.
To apply, send a resume and letter of interest to hello[at]water-bar.org by Monday, January 9th, 2017. Read on for details!
This position is responsible for organizing, coordinating, and managing volunteers at Water Bar & Public Studio during regular open hours, to be determined in collaboration with Water Bar Codirectors.
This position reports directly to Collaborative Directors Shanai Matteson and Colin Kloecker.
- Opens and closes Water Bar & Public Studio for agreed upon shifts.
- Organizes, coordinates, and manages Water Bar volunteers, including water tenders and studio volunteers.
- Attends monthly volunteer meet-ups (1 per month)
- Reports to Codirectors on volunteer activities and needs.
- Recommends and helps to develop ongoing volunteer engagement strategies.
- Reports to Codirectors on visitor questions and needs.
- Recommends and helps to develop ongoing storefront activities.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, SKILLS & EXPERTISE
- Experience in commercial and/or public engagement and education environments.
- Communication proficiency via email and in person.
- Collaboration skills in a creative environment.
- Able to work independently as needed.
- Technical capacity in social media platforms Twitter, Instagram, Facebook.
This position has no direct staff supervisory responsibilities, but does supervise volunteers from an existing volunteer network.
This job operates in the creative storefront environment of Water Bar & Public Studio in Northeast Minneapolis. This role routinely uses standard equipment such as computers, phones, and printers.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an intern to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the intern is regularly required to talk and hear. The intern frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The intern must lift and/or move objects up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move objects up to 25 pounds.
POSITION TYPE & HOURS
This is a part-time position (16 hours a week). Days and hours of work are flexible, but will amount to 4 shifts of 4 hours each, including on weekends. This is a internship position with a $400 monthly stipend as well as use of the Water Bar & Public Studio storefront space and resources for independent purposes.
Send a resume and letter of interest to hello[at]water-bar.org by Monday, January 9th, 2017.