Water Tender Sign-Up:
MN State Fair 2017
Water Bar is going to the Minnesota State Fair! This year, we will be serving water from 14 communities across Minnesota at a Water Bar co-designed and facilitated by our partners at the Minnesota Pollution Control Agency (MPCA), Minnesota Department of Health (MDH), along with local water utilities and businesses.
Join us, and share what you know about Minnesota water! Volunteers need not be water resource or drinking water professionals. We all have important stories and knowledge to share, and Water Bar is a place for diverse knowledge and experience to converge.
Volunteers will join staff from the MPCA and MDH at the Water Bar in the Eco Experience building. Shifts are 4-hours in duration. Volunteers will serve free tasting flights of Minnesota tap waters to State Fair visitors, and will also help visitors understand the source of their drinking water, issues of concern and resources for learning more and taking action.
Water Bar will be open every day of the Minnesota State Fair!
< -- Please use the scheduling tool on the left to sign-up for your desired shift. You will receive a confirmation email with further information.
- Volunteers will receive a complimentary admission to the Minnesota State Fair and a special gift from Water Bar.
- We will send volunteers their ticket and orientation information in the mail, so please provide your address.
- Volunteers are responsible for their own transportation to the Minnesota State Fair.
- Please plan to arrive at the Eco Experience building at least 15 minutes prior to your scheduled shift.
- Please contact us ASAP if you are unable to make it for a shift you've confirmed.
Shanai Matteson - (952) 686-1340 - shanai at water-bar dot org