We are growing Minnesota's first artist-led, ecologically-focused public benefit corporation with your investment & support!
With the support of investors and our community, we've evolved a social and environmental arts organization unlike any other. Now it's time to sustain and grow this critical work, and we hope you will join us!
Water Bar & Public Studio is a storefront community space, an incubator of new environmental arts projects and programs, and a network of creative people working together across sector. We are already serving thousands of people and organizations in Minnesota and beyond. Your financial support — large or small — sustains and expands this innovative work!
What's new at Water Bar & Public Studio?
- This October we are opening a new storefront space in our northeast Minneapolis neighborhood, with regular open hours, and an eclectic mix of art, science, and community events and programs.
- We're expanding our volunteer-staffed Water Bar pop-up to new places and networks, in both urban and rural communities.
- We're adding new cultural programs to our Water Bar pop-up and storefront space, led by partnering artists and organizations: Including Mniówe, an indigenized version of Water Bar created in partnership with Healing Place Collaborative; And Yo Mama's Water bar, a program of wellness workshops for women of color, led by artist and community elder Amoke Kubat.
- We continue to develop innovative partnerships, programs, and products that enable other people and organizations to serve water in their own places and communities.
- Water Bar Co-Directors are beginning to develop college classes this year, in partnership with art and science faculty at local universities - connecting students with communities off-campus, and preparing next generation artists and scientists for a future of collaborative work.
how do i support or invest in water bar & public studio?
In a world where water access and quality, environmental justice, and coordination across geographic and cultural communities is critical to all of our futures - we need spaces and programs that invite public audiences and local leaders to further develop the critical skills of listening, creativity, engagement, and collaboration, with and in place.
Water Bar & Public Studio is a leader at this intersection. When you support our work, you are supporting the development of innovative environmental projects and programs, as well as community space where more people can learn, engage, and act!
To make a tax-deductible gift in support of our new Northeast Minneapolis storefront, visit this fundraiser, launched in collaboration with our nonprofit partner Holland Neighborhood Improvement Association. To avoid paying credit card processing fees, you can send a check (written to HNIA, with Water Bar on the memo line) to Water Bar & Public Studio.
The arts and culture sector is often-overlooked as an opportunity for impact investment (this report from Upstart Co-Lab provides more info). Water Bar & Public Studio is led by artists working across sector to develop innovative products, services, and public programs that change the way people and organizations relate to and care for water and environment.
We are a public benefit corporation, and investment in our work allow us to develop and launch new products and services, growing our public benefit mission, deepening the impact of our work across sectors, and earning money that will sustain and grow this unique social enterprise model.
To connect with Water Bar & Public Studio about opportunities to make an investment in Water Bar or one of our newly-developed projects, contact Colin [at] water-bar [dot] org or send us a note through the button above.