We serve water to build relationships that TRANSFORM CULTURE.
Water Bar began as a pop-up project led by two public artists. In just 3 years, this unique public art project has traveled across the United States, directly engaging more than 60,000 people in conversation and collaboration on the importance of water to our lives, places, and communities.
Visitors to Water Bar leave inspired and equipped to connect with local water organizations and issues, taking creative and collective action in their own communities.
In addition to serving thousands of public visitors, Water Bar has also engaged hundreds of water professionals, including other public artists, utility managers, students, research scientists, policymakers, business leaders, and local residents. We provide these individuals and their organizations a unique way to build relationships and creative capacity, so they can host conversations with impact across sector and in community.
Our new storefront space is a creative community hub and incubator for creative collaborations on water, place, and environment. We need your support to continue this important cross-sector work!
5 ways to CONTRIBUTE to water bar:
1. Volunteer for a shift at the bar! We rely on our community of Water Tenders to keep Water Bar open, serving water to people across Minnesota and in our Northeast Minneapolis neighborhood. It's a fun way to have an impact! Click here to sign-up.
2. Host a Water Bar pop-up, or hire Water Bar for your next creative project. As a social impact business, we rely on earned income from creative services—like our Water Bar pop-up—which also provides a unique learning opportunity for our network of volunteers. When you hire Water Bar or request our pop-up, you are also supporting efforts to serve water in other places. More info here.
3. Rent the Water Bar storefront for your meeting or event. We've got a beautiful community space, and we want to share it! Renting our space is another way to make sure accessible space exists for artist-led and community-oriented activities. Click here for rental info.
4. Invest in this unique artist-led social enterprise. Water Bar is a public benefit corporation that serves water. Investors are critical to growing the reach and impact of Water Bar, supporting and sustaining innovation with funding and encouragement. To read about our model and how we work with social impact investors, click here.
5. Give to the fundraiser for the Water Bar & Public Studio storefront. Investment at any level—whether its $5 or $5000—ads up to a base of support for the collaborative, community-focused work of Water Bar and our network of partners. Visit this fundraising page to make a tax-deductible donation! And tell your friends and colleagues why you are a Water Bar & Public Studio supporter on Facebook.